Registration with Junta de Andalucia.
Since 2016, the Junta de Andalucia requires all properties to be offered on short term rentals to meet certain requirements, and the properties must be registered with the Junta or fines can be levied. Below is a list of the requirements.
Requirements for properties with touristic purposes*
Properties with touristic purposes must comply with the following requirements:
1. Have a First Occupancy Licence and comply at all times with the technical and quality conditions demanded for the properties.
2. The bedrooms will have sufficient direct ventilation to the exterior or to patios and a system of darkening of windows.
3. Being sufficiently furnished and fitted with the equipment and fixtures necessary for the immediate use and in accordance to the number of spaces available.
4. Air conditioning systems in bedrooms and living room for the period between May and September, both included. And for the period between October and April it must have heating.
5. First aid kit
6. Provide tourism information, physical or electronic media, of the area, leisure areas, restaurants and cafes, shops and supermarkets, car parks near the property, existing medical services in the area, urban transport, plan of the area and entertainment guide.
7. All the properties will have a Complain and Claims Form at the disposal of the users, and a sign informing of the same in a visible place within the property.
8. Cleaning of the property and the entry and leaving of new clients.
9. Bed linen, household items in general, depending on the occupation of the property and a replacement set.
10. Provide the users a telephone number to attend and resolve queries immediately, any consultation or incidence related to the property.
11. Have at the disposal of the users, information and instructions of the electric appliances or other devices that require the same for the correct use.
12. Inform users of the internal rules related to the use of the installations, rooms and equipment in the property as well as the admission and existence of pets in the property, restrictions for smoking as well as the restricted areas.
13. Registration of client´s checking on and checking out information has to be kept available for the administration.
Williams Properties work closely with a local Benahavis lawyer, who can organise all of the Junta de Andalucia registration process on behalf of property owners. If you would like more information on this service please contact us at email@example.com and we will be pleased to assist.