Restaurants in Benahavis.
Benahavis is famous for it's great reastaurants, and people travel here from miles around to experience the costa del sol's dining room at first hand. The below list is purely our opinion, and hopefully gives you some assistance with choosing where to eat.
1. La Cocina del Charo. Great Breakfast restaurant at the entrance to the village on the top street. Menu del dia in the afternoons. Popular with locals and visitors.
2. Legends. Sports bar in the middle of the top street. Shows all major sports events on numerous screens. International menu serving superb homemade burgers. Also traditional Sunday roasts.
3. Rufinos. One of the best known and longest established restaurants in the village. Great service, great food and a lovely outdoor open terrace. Famous for their lamb shoulde "Paletilla de Cordero".
4. La Escalera. The owner, Manolo, is quite a character, and his food is good as well. Superb suckling pig served in this restaurant. Good place to take kids.
5. Canela Pizzeria. Popular with visitors and tourists, this venue has become one of the more sociable places in the village. Proper homemade pizzas!
6. Long Time. Stays open late, and plays good music. Nice place to go after eating out.
7. El Guarda. Situated on the village square, serving a traditional local menu.
8. La Alacena. Good coffee, good breakfast, tapas and popular with locals and visitors.
9. La Tasquita. On the top street, next to Alacena, this great little tapas bar is run by two sisters from Benahavis. Good place to spend afternoons and evenings watching the world go by.
10. Anna's Pom Pom. Open fire for winter and open terraces for summer! Homemade food and great service.
11. La Bodega. Lovely traditional small bar set in the beautiful courtyard of La Aldea.
12. Indian Spice. Restaurant on the left of the main square serving authentic Indian and Chinese dishes. Home delivery is available.
13. Amanhavis. This award winning boutique hotel has a renowned fine dining restaurant. Highly recommended.
14. El Cordero. On the hill opposite Amanhavis, they have a wood burning stove, and a varied menu. Open all day.
15. Las Cañas Viejas. Situated on the main square, serving breakfast, lunch and tapas throughout the day. Cosy inside in winter, and nice outside in summer in the shade.
16. Amigos. BBQ grilled T Bones, Entrecotes and Chuletons. Also fresh fish and a good selection of side dishes. Dauphinoise potatos are a speciality!
17. Taberna Fantastica. A modern contemporary twist on traditional dishes from the Iberian peninsula.
18. Lilys Punambi. On the lower street opposite Chicos, Lily is a sweet person and serves tapas, pizzas and other traditional dishes. A personal favourite is the "Carillada", which are pork cheeks cooked for a long time in red wine.
19. Chicos Bodeguita. One of the most popular bars, Chico serves quality wines, spanish beer on tap, and has a wide variety of tapas and raciones. These include traditional jamon serrano, quails eggs, manchego cheese and chicken wings. The list goes on!
20. Villa Josefa. Ruben and family run this restaurant on the lower street with its beauttiful garden terrace at the front. They serve a selection of tapas and "platos" of traditional spanish dishes.
21. Luck. A cocktail and drinks bar, with amazing views across the valley from the rear terrace.
22. Los Abanicos. One of the more popular restaurants in the village, with seating inside and in the pedestrianised street. Lamb, steaks, Oxtail, suckling pig and fresh fish.
23. Havis Kebab and Pizza. Takeaway restaurant located in Calle Malaga.
24. The Park - The park is opposite the school, near the Grand Hotel. Here you will find a kiosk serving hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, hamburgers and other snacks.